UPDATED MAY 2018
Information We Obtain
In specific, we may collect the following information for:
Specialists registering with Dialectica are required to provide personal information including name, address, and other contact information, as well as detailed information in respect of their academic and professional background and employment history. Specialists will also be required to provide their payment information so that they can be compensated following a consultation.
When a client wishes to enquire or register with us, we will collect their contact details (e.g. name, address, title and position) as well as a brief description of the client’s business.
How we use the information we obtain
We may use the information we obtain for the following purposes:
To Provide Our Services
- Use Specialists’ information to facilitate their participation in projects;
- Identify Projects which may be within the field of expertise and of interest to a Specialist;
- Identify the most suitable Specialists for a Client’s project;
- Disclose information to Clients who may wish to consult with a Specialist.
To Market, Improve our Services, and other Legitimate Business Interests
- Provide Specialists’ biographical information to prospective clients to demonstrate the quality and coverage of our specialist network;
- Identify events, actual and potential projects of interest to Clients;
- Improve our products and services;
- Communicate about new services or other information which we think you may find interesting;
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business.
To Comply with Applicable Law
- Protect against any prohibited or illegal activity, claims and other liabilities;
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and internal policies;
- Establish, exercise and defend a legal claim.
Data disclosure and transfer
Personal information provided to Dialectica will be held by us inside the European Economic Area and will be accessed by our staff and third parties working for us for the purposes set forth in this policy or for other purposes subject to your approval. Your personal information may be also held, processed and accessed outside the European Economic Area to countries that have not been determined by the European Commission to provide and adequate level of data protection. In any such transfer, Dialectica will ensure that appropriate data protection safeguards (e.g. European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses) are in place. To obtain a copy of the relevant transfer mechanism or additional information on the transfers, please contact us using the contact information below.
Dialectica may share your information with our Clients, typically in connection with consulting opportunities. Dialectica may disclose the fact that you are a Specialist and information collected about you in response to a valid order or request by a court or other governmental body, to enforce an agreement between you and Dialectica or one of Dialectica’s Clients, to protect Dialectica’s rights, or as otherwise required by law, legal process or for the prevention or detection of a crime.
In addition, Dialectica may disclose personal information in connection with a sale of assets or if Dialectica is acquired in whole or in part by or merged with another company.
Your Options and Rights
You may elect to opt-out of our services at any time by providing Dialectica with written or electronic notice. Upon receipt of such notice, we will cease contacting you and sharing information concerning you. Please note that if you withdraw your consent, we will be unable to provide you with our services.
If you are a Specialist, it is your responsibility to regularly update us on any biographical and/or employment changes. You may reasonably access the personal information that Dialectica has on file for you and your may ask that we revise your personal information to ensure that it is current and correct. We may also revise your information using data obtained from third parties or public sources.
If you are a resident of the EEA, you may exercise these rights free of charge:
- Request access to your personal information
- Request that your personal information is corrected or deleted or transmitted or restricted
- Withdraw any consent you have provided to our processing of your personal information
- Object to our processing of your personal information for any purpose, including direct marketing.
Please contact us if you wish to exercise any of these rights. Before processing your requests, we will ask for your identification to ensure you are the requestor. In certain situations, and subject to applicable law, we may not be able or obliged to grant part or all of your individual requests. We also have the right to refuse and/or charge a monetary fee for requests which are manifestly unfounded or excessive, for example because of their repetitive character. You have the right under applicable data protection law to lodge a complaint with a Supervisory Authority.
In order to prevent unauthorised access, disclosure or other unlawful processing, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We cannot, however, guarantee the security of our servers or transmissions between our servers and your computer. Accordingly, all information which you provide to us is supplied at your own risk. Please help us keep your information secure by keeping your password and other account details confidential.
We will retain your information for so long as necessary for the purposes for which they were collected. We will also retain your information as required under applicable retention policies or as permitted by applicable law.
How to Contact Us
This policy was last updated in May 2018.